DemonChat is a live chat service that can transform any website into an interactive community. We are committed to creating online environments where people feel connected and safe.
DemonChat reserves the right to censor, remove and ban any participants in any DemonChat room who do not uphold the rules and regulations described here. If the administrators and moderators of DemonChat on any platform consistently fail to uphold the conduct rules, DemonChat reserves the right to block the use of DemonChat on that platform.
THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF RULES THAT HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO HELP CREATE A SAFE AND CONSTRUCTIVE ENVIRONMENT POSSIBLE FOR OUR USERS. THESE RULES MUST ALWAYS BE ADHERED TO BY EVERYONE IN A CHAT. BY JOINING ANY DEMONCHAT ON ANY PLATFORM, YOU ARE AGREEING TO FOLLOW EACH AND EVERY GUIDELINE LISTED BELOW.
More specifically, we will not tolerate:
- Racism, sexism, bigotry, trolling or toxic behavior. This includes any content that promotes, encourages or facilitates discrimination, harassment or violence based on ethnicity, race, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, body size, religion or nationality.
- Intimidation, harassment or threats of violence. This includes, but is not limited to: direct threats of harm (e.g. “I will….”), indirect threats of harm (e.g. “I hope you…”), stalking, unwelcome sexual attention, unsolicited nude image sharing, deadnaming, misgendering, encouraging a person to commit suicide or to engage in self-harm, or unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Doxxing or sharing of sensitive or confidential information. This includes names, addresses, account identifiers, account information, passwords, credit card numbers, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses. This also includes the public posting of private conversations.
- Impersonation. This includes any attempt to interact with other members of the chat community in a way that suggests you are a specific individual other than yourself.
- Spam and unsolicited promotion. This includes repeatedly sending the same message, and unsolicited promotion of organizations, brands, goods, or services (this excludes cases where other members of the chat may have specifically requested information and recommendations during the natural course of a discussion).
- Deliberate misinformation. This includes promoting conspiracy theories or spreading harmful rumors with the intent of harming any individual, group or organization.
The list above is not exhaustive, but demonstrative. Moderators have great discretion in determining inappropriate conduct. (For transparency, we will publish a detailed document of our process in response to reported issues, including complaints about unfair moderator behavior.)
ANY THREAT, DIRECT OR INDIRECT TO THIS WEBSITE, ITS OWNERS OR VOLUNTEERS, WILL RESULT IN AN IMMEDIATE AND PERMANENT BAN. WE WELCOME ALL REASONABLE AND MATURE SUGGESTIONS OR REQUESTS, BUT WE WILL NOT TOLERATE THREATS OR ABUSIVE REMARKS EITHER ON THE NETWORK ITSELF OR THROUGH ANY WRITTEN CORRESPONDENCE TO THE SITE. THREATENING US WILL RESULT IN ANY AND ALL CORRESPONDENCE BEING IGNORED. NEITHER VOLUNTEER OR ADMINISTRATOR WILL TOLERATE ABUSE OR HATEFUL COMMENTARY OF ANY KIND.
Guidelines and Suggestions
DemonChats are intended to engage and foster community, and to create a space where people can gather, participate in virtual events, and share experiences. With that in mind, please approach our chat rooms with the following basic assumptions:
- Strive to approach others with a mindset of honesty, compassion, and empathy.
- Give people the benefit of the doubt: if someone says something hurtful, tell them that it hurt and ask them what they meant; if someone tells you that what you said was hurtful, listen and try to understand them.
- Remember that we are all at different points in our journey of understanding the world. It doesn’t help to mock or insult someone for not being as knowledgeable as you. Likewise, where you are on your journey doesn’t make you lesser or better than others.
- Not every true statement needs to be said, and not every incorrect opinion is worth correcting.
- It’s possible to debate ideas while still creating a supportive, educational, an encouraging environment for your peers.
- All caps is annoying.
Were you banned?
If you feel that you were banned from our chats in error, please send an email to email@example.com and include the name of the website that was hosting the DemonChat, the name of the moderator who banned you, your nickname in the chat and a written record of the incident that caused the ban. Without that information, nothing can be done. Furthermore, if your correspondence includes hateful, disrespectful language, your communication will be ignored, and your ban will not be lifted.